Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to fix a car electronics after shorting the battery?

My pops replaced an alternator for my Nissan Altima ('2001 GXE) yesterday and forgot to disconnect my battery before starting the procedure. Now the car electronics are dead. The car runs when I turn the ignition and drives alright (though the engine block vibrates alot more than we started. . . probably because the tensioner is not set to the correct length), but the dashboard, horn etc etc do not work. Does this mean that I just need to replace my fuses? Or is there more damage done than before installing the alternator? I am going to go to the parts store later today. Please advise.
How to fix a car electronics after shorting the battery?
only way of telling is to check it out look at all your fuses you can try an reset everything by disconnecting -ground cable for a few minutes
How to fix a car electronics after shorting the battery?
If almost everything is dead but the car still runs , check for a fuse-able link.

I don't know if your car has on that looks like a conventional fuse or the wire type.



I'me pretty well 100% sure of this answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment