Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm getting a car for graduation. How long do I have to get the car registered and insured?

I live on my own and don't have insurance through my parents so I need to know how long I have to register my car and get it insured. I live in Colorado. I have a permit and just need to find time to take my drive test for my license. And is there anything else I need to get done before my car is legally driveable? Thanks in advance for answers.
I'm getting a car for graduation. How long do I have to get the car registered and insured?
you never have to register and insure it...you have forever....but if you want to drive it....callDMV and insurance right away
I'm getting a car for graduation. How long do I have to get the car registered and insured?
3 years
10 days to transfer title. You should have insurance as soon as you take possession of the vehicle
You can take as long as you'd like, providing you don't drive it without insurance and registration. And of course, you can't get it registered without insurance, and you can't get insurance without a license. A permit won't do it.



basically you can't use it to get your license unless you put it in your parent's name and let them insure it.



Whatever car you are using to practice driving would be the best one to take the test in, you are used to it. Once you have your full license, get insurance on your car, then go with the insurance card and title to the DMV to get tags for it, and then you will be legal.
You have to have it registered and insured before you can legally operate it on public rights of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment